Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cottage Garden



My Cottage Garden blocks are slowly coming along. The background is a really nice Brown with vines of green leaves on it. Doesn't really show in the picture. I've been collecting fabrics that will look nice with it. and I loved the way the reds, greens, golds and oranges show up on the brown. I don't usually use orange. I probably have about a tablepoon of them in my fabric stash so this is a nice stretch for me. I do love how the violet color gives it a spark.



This is the quilt I making. Looks lovely in every color. I'm still in my "red" phase so all the vases and some of the flowers are red. I'm not crazy about the center house block so I will probably change that.
The pattern is from Quilting in the garden. It is a really wonderful book. Lots of great quilts. I think I will make up a center block with some of the flower shapes. Maybe make a wreath. I'm not looking forward to quilting that dark brown!


No comments: